Monday, September 28, 2009

A bit more eventful!

This past week was a bit more eventful! I will begin by saying that my classes are going quite well still. I really do enjoy my teachers and Italian class is so much fun! We play games everyday in the class! One day we played Battle Ship in Italian. We drew our grids onto our notebooks and used the flap from the notebook to hide the grid. I lost by one ship!!! I was not happy about that, lol. We also throw whatever object she gives us and whomever catches it has to say the next number or next letter in line. Today, we played a board game. Whatever we landed on we had to answer or conjugate. So needless to say, I am learning a lot. Everyday she gives us a new way to have a conversation... one day I did get frustrated because I could not quite understand what she wanted us to do. I like that when she sees that we are frustrated, she moves on, she does not push us into more frustration.

Tuesday night I went to a concert with all of my friends. There were 20,000 people there!!! It was packed, shoulder to shoulder!! I had so much fun, danced all night! The concert was a celebration for field workers and not being taken over by the mafia and being able to return home. (I will tell ya, the mafia here is a big deal. You hear about it all the time at home, but it really is a big deal! Thankfully, Firenze is not really effected by the mafia.) I also hurt my foot pretty bad that night. I wore sandals, unaware that there would be mosh pits. Of course I ended up being the wall for them... drunk people, mosh pits, and sandals are a REALLY bad idea!!! So I had a hard time walking around town this past week.

Thursday, I spent the entire day in the Immigration office. I have to get a temporary residency permit, I sat there all day and all they did was fingerprint me and then tell me to come back at the end of October. What a waste of a day!
Thursday night I went to a club with my friends. I was not that impressed with it because it was all house music... not spanish or hip hop. The floor was also so sticky that I was barely able to lift my foot off of the floor. That did NOT help my foot!! Every time I moved it was twisted a little more. I turned in early that night!

The weekend was quite uneventful. I really did not want to do anything strenuous because of my foot. So, today I am feeling and walking much better. This coming weekend will be Oktoberfest! I am so excited about that! Hope ya enjoyed this blog a bit more!

Valerie Joy

1 comment:

  1. Again enjoyed hearing about things are going in your current country. Good think you are not dancing -- that hurt foot could have been really bad. Loved the description of the games for learning Italian -- wondering how I might use that technique.

    ReplyDelete