Monday, October 12, 2009

things are improving.

This past week did not get much better in some ways, but in some ways it was better than last.

My foot was hurting really bad all week still from the twist/sprain/break (haha) and I was really beginning to think that I may actually have had a fractured bone in it. However, I just dealt with the pain because I honestly just did not want to go to the doctor. I really do not like hospitals AT ALL. Besides the pysical pain factor, the week actually went a good bit better.

I went out to eat with a couple of new friends. We went for aperitivo; which is a 6-8 euro buffet meal with one mixed drink. The place that we ate was really nice. I really enjoyed my time with them and getting to know them a little better. The restaraunt was actually about a 40 minute walk from my apartment so I did NOT like that at ALL!!! my foot was hurting really badly! On the way home, I twisted it a couple more times, of course. However, I did make it home!

The rest of the week days were relatively uneventful. My friends and I went to eat at a restaraunt where one of our friends is interning. The food: Not good, the prices: ridiculous, serving size: tiny tiny tiny, atmosphere: beautiful. So, I think you can tell how that one went. I don't need to say anymore! haha

I went to Cortona for the day this weekend. Cortona is where Under the Tuscan Sun, with Diane Lane, was filmed. It was an absolutely beautiful town but very boring! haha. The shopping was not all that great there, but the scenery was phenominal so it was well worth the early morning and plenty of walking, day! I suggest to anyone that visits the Tuscan area: they should go to Cortona! Sunday night I went out to eat Chinese with 11 of my friends for Kazutoshi's birthday (a student here from Japan... he is a Chinese major!) We had a lot of fun! The food was really good and very affordable and then afterward we all hung out together. Our group that night consisted of half Americans and half Japanese. It was really nice to get to spend some time with the Japanese students. By Sunday night my foot was feeling much better and now it has just become a nuisance.

Overall, I will have to say that this week was an ok week- not overally good nor bad. That is what we call "cosi-cosi" (so-so in english) in Italian. I am glad to not have had an aweful week again! I hope this week goes well!

No comments:

Post a Comment