Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Living like the Europeans

This past week has been a lot of fun because I have spent a lot of time with friends and have rarely spent any time in the house. Some of you may know exactly why I needed this... but now it seems to have caught up with me. I have not gotten very much sleep this week, so excuse me if I seem not so excited.

Last time I left you I talked about my fish dinner. The rest of the week after that is a big blur and some of it I cannot remember where the days end and begin. I went out to eat one night with a huge group of friends- it was a really good night. The group started out as being only a few of us and some how turned out to be about a group of 10. Lately it seems every-time I go out the groups just grow, grow, grow. It is really cool, but anyone that has spent any time in Europe knows that they do not split checks here... so trying to figure out how to pay is a big hassle. Trying to figure out how to pay usually takes a good 2o minutes or even more. After dinner, we went out to a bar and played darts and had a few drinks. It was a good time for sure! I got to meet a couple of new people that were all very nice and fun!

I would tell you more about what I did day to day... but it is all going to sound like what I just told you... so I will move on to something a bit more interesting.

This weekend I went to Dublin with my friend Heather. Our flight out was 7am Friday so we had to get up really early, but of course got in late... so we were running on about 2 hours of sleep. We made it to the airport in plenty of time, but while we were eating breakfast we were a bit delirious so we came up with a new head warming product and I wrote the jingle... it was ridiculous... but really funny. (of course we won't really produce it, haha, it was a joke) Our flights were rough landing.. the turbulence was rough. There was one flight that even the flight attendants were getting worried, but I prayed and everything came out just fine. I absolutely loved Dublin though. It was such a beautiful place, beautiful people, wonderful food, and many more things! We did not really go see any castles and what not because we stayed out late every night, so that meant sleeping in everyday. We met a lot of people from all over the world and had a great time! I toured the Guinness factory and that was really awesome! The Guinness factory is made to look like the production of the beer and to look like the inside of a pint of beer. The very top of the factory was the Gravity Bar which offered a 360 degree view of the city while you enjoy time with new people and a free beer.

I really loved Ireland so much, one weekend was not even close to being enough. I think one day I would like to live there... or at least back pack across the country for a while. Did you know that Irish is an actual language?? I sure didn't until I got there! I also did not know that I was going to be eating the best oysters in the world... and they definitely lived up to their reputation. This week and weekend was just full of food and fun... nothing big and exciting. No touristy things... just living the life of a European. I'm really beginning to fit in. I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment