Sunday, September 13, 2009

secondo settimana

So it is the end of the second week, going into my third week in the country. Last week was my first week of classes. I was very frustrated because when I entered my classes, I was thrown into the middle of the 4 week program. So, everyone else had been in class for two weeks and I had just started. I also was really exhausted my first day so I was sick. My schedule was also changed about 3 times last week, that got really annoying. However, by the end of the week things seemed to work themselves out. I am getting to where I do understand a little more Italian, but of course not up to par with everyone else in class. The teacher told me not to worry about being behind, I will just be in the same level after everyone tests. Things are very strange here, school program-wise. One of our roommates is moving out this week and we will be getting a new roommate soon, although I am not sure when she will move in. Other roommates will be moving out at different times during the semester. So they really do personalize every single schedule here. Even the people that I hang out with have different departure schedules. I am slowly getting used to it though. I have gotten lost everyday going home from school. The roads make NO sense here. I started getting really frustrated so I am not walking alone from school anymore, or at least until I learn the city more haha. My roommates are all very nice. Several of us hang out together all the time and we have a group of people that we meet up with too. Yesterday I went to the beach with 4 other people. It was very nice. The water was cold, but thankfully the weather was moderate so I really did not get hot enough to need to get in the water. (also, the sunscreen here is about 20 euro, small, and not waterproof... so I didn't want to waste it) When I turned around, I had mountains behind me. It's not very often I get to see the ocean and the mountains all at once. There were no waves at this beach (I liked that A LOT!) but there were also very few shops around. So obviously this was nothing like Myrtle Beach! Tomorrow it is back to class, I am glad. I enjoy my teachers and classmates. Next weekend I am not sure what I will be doing. Travel across Europe is super super cheap so there is no telling where we will go next. My roommate and I are going to a local pub to watch some Football (american) tonight. That is all I have planned for today. Keep following, next week is bound to be more interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment