Monday, July 13, 2009

Ciao! mio sono adulti!

Buon Giorno!

I am very excited about leaving for Italy in less than two months, everyday it sinks in more and more. I have really begun to think about what all I need to pack and really work on my Italian! I am very happy to be able to spend more time with my family before I leave, for sure. Being away from my family and trying to save and pay bills has really shown me how much my family does for me. There are times that I wish I hadn't moved out because of finances and realizing that I am not going to see my family for quite a while... but it has also taught me to be more responsible with my time and money. I joke about becoming an "old person" but really, I am happy for it. I have forced myself to understand that being patient really IS important (had I not been so anxious to move out I would have a lot more money)! However, it has also taught me to she love (amo) and be more paitent with my parents-esp mom (madre)- because they know what they are talking about (never thought I'd admit that!) Anyway, just thought I'd share a little bit of my "growing up" experience that this summer has brought me. I will say that I am very excited that my mom is coming with me the first week in Italy. I think it'll make the transition a lot easier... and it'll be good to be able to vacation with her besides the beach =-).

Thoughts to ponder:
  • If you could take your parents anywhere to vacation, where and why would you?
  • What made you realize that growing up really was what you parents said it was?

Arrivaderci!

No comments:

Post a Comment