Tuesday, August 11, 2009

11 August 2009- 3 week count down!

So today marks three weeks until I leave for Italy. I cannot believe how fast this summer has flown by. It's really hitting home now that I'm going to be really missing certain people. I guess it's about time that I start making lists of what all I need to pack. The excitement is certainly starting to build up minute by minute, day by day; but the sadness is certainly also. I don't want to think about how much I'm going to miss everyone though because I feel that will put a damper on things. So I'm keeping my eye on the prize, convincing myself that I don't have anything to worry about (home wise) while I'm gone, and making travel plans. I have even bought some pens and pencils... haha big whoop-di-doo right? So, I'm school supply shopping and packing and loving everyone as much as I can while I'm here. I had someone tell me tonight "Now don't go turning too Italian on us now!" I said "Nah, I think I'm going to love Italy... but I'm an American girl at heart!" So, I sure hope that this American girl can teach the Italians a thing or two while learning from them also!

Things to ponder:
  • What kind of impression would you hope to make on other people?
  • How do you school shop for a different country?? (haha)

No comments:

Post a Comment