Monday, August 31, 2009

goodbye America, Buon Giorno Italia!

So I am packing today... you know the boring stuff... washing clothes and trying to decide what clothes I really can't live without and which clothes I will be ok with leaving at home to gather dust for a few months. I can't believe that this past weekend was the last time that I will get to spend time with most of my family and friends until Christmas. Tonight will be the last night I get to spend time with the rest of them. My mom will be coming with me the first week to Italy, I'm excited about that. It's going to make it a lot easier to get settled in. I am starting to get a little nervous, I will have to admit it. This entire summer I have had people ask me how I feel about leaving and the whole time I have just been excited, but now I am getting a little nervous. I'm not so much worried about being alone, I'm sure those nerves will hit once I land in Rome, but more nervous about not being with family and friends for so long. After all, this will be the first Thanksgiving I will have missed. However, I'm still very excited and cannot wait to get there and start eating that awesome food that I have heard about, start learning more Italian, studying music, and seeing a little bit more of the world! I leave tomorrow morning for my flights and will land in Rome Wednesday afternoon. I hope you will continue to follow me as I will keep this as up to date as I possibly can. (I'm aiming for once a week) Seeya at Christmas!

Goodbye America! Buon Giorno Italia!!

  • If you started an online journal, or blog, what would you want to write about?
  • What parts of Italy would you want to see pictures of?

No comments:

Post a Comment